Wednesday, September 24, 2008

oops...

sorry for the late blog.... but these past few weeks my life after work has been surprisingly quite eventful.

i guess it has to do alot with me leaving my company. so colleagues are trying to catch up with me after work. but it also has to do with things that i never expected to happen.

i'm very disappointed in a friend. it's just that simple. I can't respect his values, his principles, his attitude. The question then is: what do i do about it? everyone has told me that you can only give advice. if he/she doesn't change, there's nothing more you can and should do. But how do i even look him in the eye if i think everything i've known about him could just be a farce?

is it wrong to believe so strongly in principles that I find it excruciatingly hard to be friends with someone who violates them?

everyone has a right to their own opinion but there are some basic values I hold very dear. As a result, if someone breaks them it hurts me alot.

If I am to follow Christ, then I should stick with him and hope that one day he changes or I realize I was wrong. Of course, the fact I hold these values very dear means that I am confident I am right. But God is the only judge. For now, unless I realize I'm wrong, I should keep trying to correct him in the spirit of love without judging him.

I only pray for the strength and wisdom to do this.

much time has been spent trying to get grips with this.