Monday, November 07, 2005

i'm blogging again.. so you know what that means...

yup that's right. The projects are finally over. I am back to my usual nerdy self which means I will blog often so as to get away from studies. Not that I am extremely proud of being a nerd but at least I feel more comfortable with studying than studying AND meeting deadlines at the same time. I have a new found admiration for those people who work in the day and attend degree courses at night. Just how do they do it? I already feel drained after a 2 hr project meeting. Where do they find the energy to study after 8 hours of work?

When it comes to office stuff, it’s not the workload that kills you. It’s the “emotional labour”. Wow I’m using a human resource term (pat myself). This is not the same as being hypocritical of course. I am not pretending to be somebody else. But as project leader, I needed to behave as one, to be in control and to be the calm voice among the confusion especially when last minute changes were made. That is what takes a lot out of me. So much so in fact that I find it hard to do anything else but play DOTA after a long day on projects.

However, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. I adore my group mates. That’s right people. I L-O-V-E them. They are all great people. We work hard for each other and I have yet to hear any significant back stabbing. Which compared to what I saw in army says a lot about the respect and character these people have. I often find myself singing praises for people only to feel bitterly disappointed in them a few months later. However, if these people can remain such good mates amidst all the stresses we’ve had so far I can’t imagine why they would change. Unless of course the stresses we felt this semester are nothing compared to what we will be experiencing next semester. Come to think of it, that IS a possibility. I can only hope my group mates have as high a thresh hold as I thought they have. That includes myself. I hope I can continue to keep up the leadership role come what may.

But for now, all that stuff about projects and being a good leader can take a back seat while exams loom large in everyone’s mind.

As always I like to come up with a list of things to do after the exams are over. Here’s what I can think of so far.

KTV
Playing Soccer For Real
Playing Soccer On Xbox
Watching Soccer
Watching People Watching Soccer
Wacthing People Watching People Watching Soccer
Ok You Get The Idea…
Making Phone Calls… =P
Tutoring My “Xiao Mei” (She calls me kor kor so I guess that makes her my xiao mei? She’s a very nice gal and her bro’s a good friend of mine so I count it as something fun)
Eating…(too many places to list…)
Going out for DOTA or just lunch with church friends after Sunday… church friends are really nice people...and somehow you just feel they are more than friends because we are sibling in Christ… they feel more like my cousins actually…=)
Going out with cousins… must must…
Going out with yc… must must… and he’s a guy so dun start any gossip... and yes I’m straight…
Meeting up with people I enjoy going out with… very general I know but too many to describe in detail
Meeting up with Grp 17… ok I had to mention them at least.. my beloved project group mates… looking forward to going out with them….
CHIONG!!! Hope I will blog about this in the near future… (read: straight after last paper… I buay da han liao… Zouk is renovated and I don’t know how it looks like??!! How can?!!)

Ok enough for today… back to studies… yum yum…