Thursday, September 29, 2005

got home real fast today

SBS introduced a new bus called 30e. I normally take 30 from school back home. Unfortunately, 30 tends to stop at every other bus stop all the way from pasir panjang to old airport road. Add to that the peak hour jam and it easily takes about 1.5 hours just to get home.

What 30e does is they skip a lot of bus stops which means it also gets to get onto the expressway earlier. In the end I took just 40 minutes to get home which was really cool. If the ECP had not been congested, I would have got home even earlier.

Anyway I never expected I would be blogging about such stuff. It’s not my style to blog about seemingly mundane stuff. Oh well, whatever the case, it’s still fun to blog.

Another piece of good news is that NUS undergraduates get to enjoy 50 cents discount at soundbuzz.com. This means that I can buy nice songs online without feeling too much of a pinch. I am now listening to my newly acquired songs ‘your body is a wonderland” by John Mayer and “you’re beautiful” by James Blunt. I suddenly felt like listening to slow, romantic songs. And I did always think they were nice songs so when the offer came around, I could resist no longer. Ok it’s still $1.49 a song but I only buy a few good songs once every 3 months so it’s not so bad. It’s still better than buying a CD.