Wednesday, November 16, 2005

my adopted country is in the world cup!!

Seeing how half my family is Australian, it couldn’t please me more than to watch the country kick their way into the World Cup. I was actually choking back tears when I saw the way the fans supported their country. Great job guys. Good on ya mates.

I’ve quite a few relatives there but to be honest I’m only closer to my sister in Sydney and maybe my cousin in Perth. Nonetheless, Australia still feels somewhat like my 2nd home. When I go there, I don’t feel like I’m a tourist but more like I’m visiting a distant relative.

I wonder if I would feel as excited if China reached the World Cup. Did they? Oops…

Reports said Harry Kewell did a great job coming on as a substitute. Seeing how he is a Liverpool player that pleases me. He seems like he’s finally going to show the real Harry Kewell. Before today, I wouldn’t have exactly shed a tear if he left the club. Hopefully, he can carry his performance for his country to his club.

This is the first time Australia has entered the World Cup in 32 years! Blimey! Maybe this is the only time I get to see them in a World Cup! (Choy…) Maybe I REALLY should go Germany after all…maybe Australia winning is a sign I’m meant to be in Germany…*wink*

Haha…=P

Well there’re a lot of factors to consider. One of it is money. It’s not the air fare I am worried about. It’s the tickets to the stadiums. I have to empty my bank just to watch Australia go through the group stages. If they get into the pre quarter finals I’ll have to watch them from a telly in a pub somewhere…

Fair dinkum (No bluff in aussie speak…)… those tickets are really that expensive…

Hmm….hmm…hmm… how can I earn lots of money in a short period of time?

Erm…Have I told you all the story of how I am actually planning to go to this country somewhere to build lots of schools for needy children? They are really in need of your help… all they need is a few thousand dollars...German euros are preferred.

So please call 1800-W-O-R-L-D-C-U-P…

Ignore the world cup part… think of the children… and if they happened to be all called weixian… well… erm… what a coincidence!

(P.S. if you don’t know the World Cup is a worldwide soccer competition held every four years, please go bang your head against a tree somewhere…)

(P.P.S. the World Cup is not to be associated with the World Championship held in December this year. if you didn’t know the difference, you don’t have to bang your head... because nobody cares about the World Championship anyway… haha…unless you’re a Liverpool fan this year…Liverpool is representing Europe you see…)

(P.P.P.S. The World Cup is NOT a club competition!! It’s for countries only! Stop confusing it with Champions League!!)

*bleah* =P