Thursday, May 25, 2006

zzz

This was supposed to be posted yesterday:

Today is one of those days when I just wished they would deduct my pay and forbid me from coming to work. I would rather lose the income than sit at my desk constantly thinking of things to keep myself occupied. More often than not, I just end up dozing off. I admit I could have had more discipline and forced myself to stay awake. I could have ran to the nearest toilet and splashed about a gallon of water on my face. Or I could have just done 50 star jumps. However, I wouldn’t have had to do any of this if they would just give me some work in the first place!

The reason for this sad state of affairs is that my supervisors are away in Batam. Our company has a factory there and they went there to do some stuff. I am not sure what information I can reveal so you will have to make do with highly generalized terms. Bottom line is that they are all away.

So here I am bored stiff. I think rigor mortis is setting in.


Well just after I wrote that, one of the permanent staff gave me something to do. I was already so resigned to lazing around today that suddenly being given work actually made me a little sad at first. However, that initial feeling was immediately replaced by a sense of relief that I will not have to stare blankly at the computer screen anymore.

The work given me is not easy. I have to do some statistical analysis even though I have never learnt that in school. I told the colleague I may not be of much help but he said it’s ok. Still, it’s not good to just hand in crap so I had to try and learn some tools I could use. Thank God then that there was a fellow VIP student who came from the ISE department so he knows a thing or two about statistics.


I’ve managed to come up with a conclusion based on the limited statistical analysis tools I just learnt. I hope it makes sense though the colleague will probably see it as “a good try”. At least a good try is better than nothing. And who knows? Maybe it’ll turn out to be some novel solution that no one has thought of before. I may have discovered some breakthrough technique. They may have to offer me a contract immediately because they know people with new ideas don’t come by very often.

Oops I guess I must have fallen asleep again because I must be dreaming.
Haha…

anyway, check out this cheesy, lame advertisment that's shown in America to promote the NUS business school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeqkQraNO7w

I will be amazed if people were attracted to NUS just because of that commercial.